Today I uploaded my work to be featured on the source photographic review, I saw this site when I first begun my final year and knew I wanted my work to be uploaded after seeing past graduates work on there. We got to choose 8 images from our project, so I chose 8 that I thought gave a shorter edit of the theme of my book. I also uploaded my artist statement for ‘funny frustration’. I will post a link on my blog when my work goes live!
This week I have mostly been spending my time sorting things for the exhibition, I had previously spoken about ordering my prints A2 size from the print buro at the university. I was really happy with the quality and size of the prints when I picked them up, there was just one thing wrong with them, they didn’t fit the frames I’d bought!!!! They fit with the mount included with the frames, however, it could off a lot of the image and I really didn’t want to use mounts as I like the images to bleed to the edge of the frame.
I quickly got into the buro and resolved the problem and re-ordered my images. A hassle but luckily I left myself enough time to resolve any issues like this so I can hang them exactly how I want to.
The buro were so great and even printed them for me that day! Which was a great help.
After receiving the reprinted images I put them in the frames to check I was happy with them (which I was). I then headed to get some brackets that will attach the frames flat to the wall instead of hanging them.
Here are my completed exhibition Prints!
This is them with the flat brackets attached.
I have been abit rubbish last week with blogging! So I’ll blog about my trip to Spinks and Thackery now. A few weeks ago I decided I was going to have my book rebound at spinks, I ‘d heard loads of god reviews about it, the only downside for me was it was in Leeds and I live in Chesterfield. However it was definitely worth the trip, I spoke to the gentleman that worked there and he advised me that the current bind I have was not that bad at all. He also said it was basically to the standard it would be if there were to take it apart and re-bound it. I took some time to decide what to do, should I take his advice or listen to what others had said about the blurb bind.
After awhile of debating..
I decided to take his advice, he was an expert in bookbinding so I listened to him. I left my book to have the text on the cover added on. I went for gold text embedded on my grey cover.
I am really happy with how the text turned out, and I have saved so much money not getting the whole thing rebound. I am happy I can now bin the awful sleeve that the book ordinally came in from blurb.
Overall I am happy with how my book had turned out, It is such a weight off my mind now and I can focus on my exhibition plans! Thanks to spinks and Thackery for the advice.
After a lovely relaxing break in Wales, I got back today to find that my book had been delivered! It came a little ealier than expected so another plus.
I have made a hugely annoying error on same of the full bleed pages!! Stupidly there is an annoyinng white edge down the side of the portrait full bleeds. Such an easy thing to avoid so I am extra angry at myself!
Anyway I have now amended the book and reordered.
You live and you learn!